Food Review | 炭 Taan Charcoal Grill


There is a saying that we should always go out there to explore more things. I apply this on food exploration. We spotted this grill bar one night after dinner. What attracts me was skewers and beers. Convenience and refreshing with a beer. Grilling is kind of heaty somehow.

Before 8pm, $1 per skewer so you can eat as much before the time is up. Simply fill up the order form and pass it to the server. They have others on the menu like noodles, oysters, a few to name and they are reasonably priced. Minimum order of 2 sticks for some skewers and you get to choose how you want your food to be seasoned. From original, Chinese seasoning, lightly salted and so on. 

Last but not least, 1 for 1 beer. Tiger or Heineken. Or Kirin. $12 for 2 pints. I remember the first time, I got my Tiger for $1 but was limited to 1 for 1 customer. I guess their promotion changes once a while for drinks. So do look out for their Happy Hour promotion. Till 8pm too.

Recommend you peeps to try their oyster topped with minced garlic, which cost $5.80 for one. Already vouched by my hub and my bff. I would think it is fresh because my hub has a sensitive taste bud towards freshness of food. So hope you peeps like. 

Now let me bring you through my food talk.









The only thing to note is their seating capacity is quite limited because of the small shop place. So come early. Cosy and nice ambience. You get to see the chefs grilling your food live. The setting is just like those Japan ramen shops. 

A great choice for budget diners. Decent food and reasonably priced. Try is to believe.

Taan Charcoal Grill
30 Liang Seah Street
Singapore 189051
Nearest MRT: Bugis (EW/Downtown Line)