Food Review | Yechun Xiao Jiang Nan Teahouse

Happen to come across this Chinese restaurant while in search for our dinner place at Marina Square. So we decided to give it a go since there was no queue at that time (around 4-5+ in the afternoon). That is quite an early dinner. After that crazy rain that had drenched both myself and my husband when we visited the Artbox on the start of their first day. It can be quite tiring to brave the rain and ended up with nothing but wet.

So to my readers, this is how I go about doing food review. And most of them, I paid for it unless otherwise stated. 



Xiao Long Bao


The skin was thin and not too doughy. Passed the basic expectation of Xiao Long Bao. Still need a little improvement. 


Siew Mai 


My husband thought it was the usual siew mai and when it was served, we didn't really bother much until the first bite. It was filled with glutinous rice within. When asked, they said this was China type of siew mai. Okay. That was very new to us. Taste was fair. 


Spring Rolls


Mediocre taste. But at least for me, I will always order a plate of spring rolls when having dim sum. That is like a must-have every time.


Pan-Fried Pork Buns


This is acceptable though the fillings can be a little generous. I love this dish since the first time I had in Hainan Island, China. 


Fried White Fish


Nice. Good to go with a bowl of rice. Crunchy on the outside and the seasoning was just right.


Yang Zhou Style Fried Noodles


This plate of noodles was good. At least a saving grace overall. Noodles was succulent.


White Fungus with Red Dates


Ordered a hot bowl as dessert. I prefer white fungus not overly cooked. At least a little crunchiness. And it had just one red date.  The taste, of course was fair. But kind of disappointing.

Worth or not? I personally think, no.

Yechun Xiao Jiang Nan
6 Raffles Boulevard
#02-181 Marina Square
Singapore 039594
Tel: 6333 4038
Nearest MRT: City Hall (EW Line)