Food Review | 834 Seafood at Woodlands

Since now I'm living near this area, time to explore the places for food before I decided to move somewhere else. And I definitely regretted not to do more food reviews when I'm staying in the West. I really miss out so much of goodies and now, I shall not miss out any here.

The husband randomly found this place while waiting for me at SSDC. Since we are so near, why not? He was googling and found some recommendations. But didn't follow though. Because I still prefer to have something that I like. So I waste a lot of calories. But who cares? I burn them off through cycling my exercise bike. 

The Zi Char stall stands at one corner of the small coffeeshop below the flat. There is also a Western Food stall and so on.

Salted Egg Prawns

It was kind of a disappointment especially for the salted egg prawns. Was anticipating some salted-egg series of food but I didn't get the taste that I was looking for. A little pricey. But the prawns were quite fresh (quite only, haven't met my expectation) so this could be the saving grace.



French Beans

This is definitely good and you can't go wrong with this common dish unless the beans are not cooked properly. A must-have at Zi Char stall. Why even miss it? Though we can do it at the comfort of our home kitchen, but once a while, it worth the splurge. Crunchy and the ikan bilis makes the dish so appropriate with the right amount of saltiness. Yeah!



Fu Yong Omelette

Another must-have. This one is not too oily nor dry. Most importantly, somewhat fluffy.


A bowl of rice for $0.50. And the total spending for this meal is $30. Not including 2 hot chrysanthemum tea for $1.80 (I think).

So if you haven't know or already know, this is one option to settle a meal or two. Zi Char stalls are everywhere. Let's explore more, for more specialty that stands out among the majority.

834 Seafood
Blk 834 Woodlands New Town
Street 83 #01-89
Singapore 730834
Operating Hours: 11am to 2pm, 5pm to 11.30pm
Nearest MRT: Woodlands/Admiralty (North-South Line)