Culinary | #howireducefoodwastage - Pancakes

I don't know what lures me to buy that box of Betty Crocker Complete Pancake Mix. I seriously can't go supermarket shopping. Instead of buying clothes and all pretty stuff like other ladies do, I buy cooking and kitchen stuff more. Or home deco more. Damn it! NTUC, Giant and Cold Storage, you should each sponsor me a week supply of groceries. I'm superb regular shopper in these 3 supermarkets! 

I'm surprised (pardon me for being ignorance) we can use shortening like we use oil for greasing or cooking. OMG! I finally can have a better way of getting rid the shortening from my failure mooncake making. No more wastage. And I have bananas at home (because e hub will have one as breakfast on weekdays) and a bottle of Manuka honey which my mum gave me long time ago. Just right to have Pancakes topped with banana and honey.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of Betty Crocker Complete Pancake Mix
  • 3/4 cup of cold water
  • 1 tsp of Chia seeds
Toppings:
  • 1 banana, slice thin
  • 1 tbsp of Manuka Honey
Method:

1) Mix the ingredients together till well blend.
2) Grease the pan with vegetable shortening.
3) Pour a quarter cup of mixture into the pan.
4) Flip when bubbles appears on the surface.
5) Do the same for the rest of the mixture.
6) When done, pour the honey over the pancakes and top with sliced bananas.

Actually you can having varieties of toppings to your liking. I just make use of whatever I have at home to whip up this pancakes.

It is that easy especially when you have ready premix. But not all premix can achieve what you wanted. I failed a lot of times with premix and I definitely will not go for certain brands of premix. But I will always trust Betty Crocker's. Out of 100, I give about 80.

I shall try making waffles soon since I have that waffle pan by Happy Call. Mad excited for noob cook like me. Everyday, I count my blessing for able to succeed in my cooking and baking. Learning from every aspect.