Culinary | Chocolate Cinnamon Buns

I saw many home bakers using Tangzhong recipe for the bread baking. Pardon me if it can be used for other bakes because I'm quite selective in searching for recipes if I'm really focusing on just one type of bakes.

Decided to bake some bread today since I have not been doing so for a while. Miss my breadmaker, sitting inside the kitchen cabinet. So pick up the courage to do it. If not, I will always be thinking about it but not putting it to action because I scare failure. Actually I intend to make Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls but then it doesn't turn out as what I want. Disappointed. But still, it looks more like bun to me so why not?

Tangzhong Ingredients
  • 25g bread flour
  • 125ml water
Method
  • Stir the flour and water on low fire till it thickens up like paste. It does feel sticky and takes about 30 secs to 1 min.
  • Set aside in a bowl with cling wrap covering it till it cools down till room temperature.
  • The amount of ingredients used is about 83g, needed in the bread dough.
Bread Dough Ingredients
  • 1/2 beaten egg
  • 35g milk water (use milk powder, mix with water)
  • 83g tangzhong
  • 60ml cold water
  • 250 bread flour
  • 50g sugar
  • 7g instant yeast
  • 5g salt
  • 20 g butter
I shall not repeat the method as I'm using the same breadmaker from Panasonic and it is going to be the same. You can refer to my post here on how it is done.


Look at how big and high my dough is during the process inside breadmaker. I am indeed impressed. I guess the increase amount of yeast does a little help. Or is it that tangzhong?


After much rolling and punching, ready to sit for 30 mins. I cover the bowl with cling wrap, learning it from my current idol, Anna Olso.


After 30 mins, it grows so big. I can't believe it. I simply leave it on the kitchen top. Not particularly warm though. Very impressed. Compare the difference with that on top.
Filling/Topping
  • Nutella Chocolate Spread
  • Cinnamon Sugar
I try to roll out as big as I can the dough so that I can spread my Nutella over it before rolling it. Then once it is rolled, cut it proportionally (I didn't so need more practice). Put them on the baking paper in the tray, egg wash, spray water on them and proof for another 30 mins to 1 hour.


Yes... it is so ugly with different shapes. What's new right? Not that you peeps never seen my previous bake posts that also contain ugly shapes of bakes. Ready for proofing. This time I put inside the microwave oven. Just needed a space.
Look at how much it grows. Grow more baby! I should do a 1 hour. Haha... I scare it explodes out of the tray. And now you are ready to bake it at 180-200deg C for 15 mins. You can extend another 5 mins to achieve that browning on the surface.



I have the reputation of not presenting nice bakes in my blog. So is this time. Newbie still (though I own that breadmaker for about 10 months already). Looks weird? Yup... that is Nutella on top of my buns and didn't expect it to ooze out in this way. Whatever. So long as it is edible, nothing really matters.

So peeps. I really recommend using tangzhong recipe to bake your bread. You can make a twist to the bread dough recipe but do add tangzhong. Bouncy and it is not too moist or sticky inside the bread . Happy with the texture. It matters most in this bake because that is my first try with tangzhong. Bye!

I used ingredients from in my kitchen. Nothing new is bought to complete the bake. #howireducefoodwastage

Update! I don't know why my bread tends to harden after coming out of the oven hours later. But the bouncy texture remains. I attempt airfrying it for 3-5mins at 180deg C. It turns out good, with light crusty texture on the outside. This probably solves my problem of its hardening. What about u? Anyone encounter the same problem? Do let me know what actually went wrong and how u resolve. I love to hear from you peeps, esp home bakers. Cheers.

Adapted from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe.