#SgEatWithUs ~ Celebrates By the Bay

Ever since I got married, I appreciate more home-cooked food. Because you left that comfort zone (childhood nest) to live with someone else you call Husband, to set up your own family. So once a while, I will head back home for mum's cooking. On weekends, I cook at home too, just for me and my husband. Still in the learning stage (newbie home cook), but this is how you grow out from your usual self.

Was quite delighted when #SgEatWithUs team wrote in to invite me for their event this coming weekend. I can't wait to see what others cook at home because sometimes, I really will run out of idea what to cook on weekend. As you can see on my blog, once awhile I make a breakthrough from normal stir-fried veggie to Sambal Kang Kong (if you follow me on Instagram). Then from herbal soup to Egg Drop soup or ABC soup. To me, all these basic ones I must learn. 

The only time where I cook together with my bestie was Chinese New Year months back when she and her family came for visit to my place. The feeling was so different. First, you cook with your bestie and exchange tips on how it should cook and etc. Second, we get to taste one another's cooking. Third, it bonds us even further through the fun time in the kitchen, be it washing or preparing or cooking. Conversation never stops. 

What #SgEatWithUs hopes is to bring the communities together through homecooked food. And that is what I did. I do hope one day, I can do a potluck with my friends and family. This is exciting.

In conjunction with the Jubilee Celebration, a food carnival coming your way this weekend, bringing you homecooked dishes to sample by just purchasing the food cards valued $10, $20 and $50. What's more? Get to watch live cooking demonstration and performance by local musicians. It is a fun-filled day with food to fill your hungry tummy up! Mark your calendar!


Find out more on #SgEatWithUs on their social media platforms:

Website: http://www.sgeatwithus.sg/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SgEatWithUs
Instagram: https://instagram.com/sgeatwithus
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sgeatwithus

I will be there on Sunday, 2 August 2015 for the Official Launch/Media Event from 10.30am.

See you!