Culinary | Homecooked Tom Yum Udon

I can't wait to share with you guys what I have just tried at home.

Today's dinner for myself is inspired by my birthday treat at MK Restaurant. Remember my previous post on MK restaurant? I said I will try cooking at home. Yes... I did it and super satisfied with the outcome. Tom Yum Yee Mee or Ban Mian is too mainstream. Tom Yum Udon for the win!


Cooking time: 15 mins

Ingredients (Serving for 1 person):

700ml of water
2 1/2 tbsp of Knorr Tom Yum Paste
1/4 of Knorr Chicken Stock Cube
1 pack of Fairprice Instant Fresh Udon
1 Slice of Bobo Fishcake
A handful of Bunashimeji Mushroom

Method:
  1. Put the water to boil.
  2. Add fishcake and mushroom.
  3. After 5 mins, add tom yum paste and chicken stock cube.
  4. Simmer for about 5 mins for the taste to surface.
  5. Put instant udon into the soup and boil till it is cooked or al dente.
  6. Serve.
You may want to reduce the amount of water and paste to your preference. It is a test of your tolerance of spiciness. I can deal with that 2 1/2 tbsp. I'm glad that I found this paste. Makes my weekday dinner easier and faster. To me, the cooking process is just like cooking instant noodles. 

Don't you find that it easy to cook? This recipe is for noob cooks like myself. I didn't put any lime or lemongrass and it just tastes great. The soup is the clear type. No coconut milk or whatever milky stuff to make it look deeper in colour. Like I say, udon really blends well in tom yum soup. I love it. Try it now. But remember to credit me! Hahaha... Bye!