Singlehood...

Like to share somethin wit all out there who r stil single, jus like me!

E followin short thingy is wat I hv read frm Cleo mag. Tis lady age 25, single for nearly 3 yrs. Me, 3 yrs up... Stil single... Jesus... Wat m I doin? She share somethin wit e readers on Singlehood. A short one... Tats wat I feel nw.... Here it goes...

"Singlehood comes with w plethora of freedoms. You go where you want, with whomever you please, do whatever you fancy. You're accountable to no one. Singlehood is often misunderstood as a transient phase, a pit-stop on the track of life which is supposed to end in the land of haloed couplehood. When really, being single could be, and should be acknowledged as, a journey in itself to be embraced and enjoyed. For me, singlehood has been an expedition to my inner person. I've had fewer distractions and more time to explore who I really am and want to be. I've learnt to be comfortable being with just myself when everyone else seems to have her arm linked with another's. I've been free to pursue my interests and catch up with friends. Whoever said a single girl has nothing to look forward to in life except a retirement with 101 cats must have been a bitter woman trapped in an unfulfilling relationship. And the guy for whom I give all these luxuries up for? He'd better be worth it."

Gt it, my frens out there? Tis is hw I feel.. Most people dun understan tis thingy and kept pushin themselves into relationship. 3 yrs.. It seems long for others bt for mi, it has been fulfilling cos I did lots tat I wanted to. Within tis 3 yrs, I saw some of my frens changin bfs, or nt sure if tat guy is e one n al sort of troubles in mind. For wat??? Haven al of u been tru al tis n had enuff of al tis stupid stuff? I had enuff of mine. I hear enuff frm my frens too. Abortion, breakin up, playin missin in action, cryin like e whole world is comin to end soon, troubled over whether to marry or not, marryin for e sake of marryin, shortgun marriage etc... I heard al tis too much le... Y shd I get myself into al tis? Time is stil nt ripe for mi yet. My destined guy haven appear yet. So I jus b natural nw. Let fate bring mi to him... Though some times I tink tat I shd jolly well get marry for e sake of marryin cos I dun wish to b left on e shelf, bt nt nw. Nw I hv read tis lady's column, I understan I hv done e rite thing. Until my destined guy appeared, I shall make myself a better mi.... I dun wish to b like e old Stella I hv been 3 yrs ago.

Honestly speakin, I dun hv e money to get married yet. Haha... I stil hv my studies, stil hv so much of places to travel... stil so much of things tat I wan to pursue.... I'm scare too that if one day, he appeared, m I able to treat him beta or for e worse...??? Haha... Tats for me to find out.

Bt, jus wana tel my frens out there: Nt tat I wan to isolate myself by hvin lots of activities n no time to knoe more frens, bein in healthy activities let mi know beta ppl. I wan to lead a good n normal life. I stil do go out wit u frens out there... although there r some who I dun feel like goin out wit... I pick who I wan to go out wit.... I wont go out wit someone who hurt mi emotionally... NO WAY!!! Though I nv show out, tat doesn't mean I wont forget wat u hv say to mi which hurts mi so bad.... I dun tink tat person knoe who I m talkin abt. Bt anyway, I wont forgive n forget....

Even if I m goin to b single for life, after 35 yrs old, I can buy my own hse to live in... Haha... Good!!! Thumbs up!! Can organise parties at hm n invite al my frens to my own hse....

Single isnt bad... U stil hv frens, colleagues. In any stage of yr life, u wil mit new frens... No scare tat u wont hv frens... A few good ones wil do...

I wan to name those frens tat I truly love n cherish e friendship tat we had:

Ashley & Joanne, Christine^Belvin^Vincent, Hanming & Lawrence, Yiyun & her bf, Peirong & Ah Di, my colleagues Cheryl, Ashlyn, Evonne, Jac, Ros, Ivy, Peter, Will, Kong, Teng Hao, Joyce & Serene, Teo & Yourong. Tat's al I wan to name... I stil gt hi bye frens... Hope u guys wont get offended... We r frens too.. For those I purposely nv name n duno they know I m talkin abt them, we r reali nt tat close even if we hv knoe each other for a decade. Cos u al did things tat hurt me unknowingly which I reali hate to the CORE! We can stil b frens... bt I WIL PICK WHO I WAN TO GO OUT WIT FRM FEB 2007 ONWARDS!

For those tat I hv name, thanks for al e good times we had... n more to come. Though u al wont b wit mi al e time, bt I stil glad I had al of u. Hee... Reali tru my heart I say al tis... I swear!!! Haha...

Okay... quite relieve liao... Cos I hv say out wat I wan to say... Y shd I bear it in my heart for so long...??? No point... Makes mi unhappy.

Sign off....