Food Review | Menya Sanji Singapore

For once, I take a good look at both sides of shophouses along Tanjong Pagar Road. Not just a place for bride-to-be to choose their ideal bridal shop, it is where you find a stretch of Korean restaurants. Too many to choose from. Be it fried chicken or Korean BBQ, it definitely will satisfy your cravings. 

That aside. This Orchid Hotel has few Japanese food eateries at Level 1 to choose from, just like the famous Keisuke Tonkotsu King which has the usual long queue. Wanted to satisfy ramen craving, we walk further down and found Menya Sanji (Kagoshima Ramen). 



This is Takana, the ramen topping that is spicy according to my friend, a little like those fermented vegetables. This is hot!


My girlfriend's Sanji Ramen with Special Topping like seaweed, egg and roasted meat. Of course the special topping you can get it at $3.50 for all 3 items mentioned. One thing to improve with be the texture of the meat which can be softer and chewy.


Here is mine Spicy Ramen which is not very spicy and I love it. Never add any toppings. Just be it. Anyway is a Ladies Set so the ramen isn't very big a bowl. Mini size than the usual ones. Less guilt. The taste is decent overall. So nothing to shout about.



When you order a set, it comes with a side and drink. My friend chose Crispy Karaage and a cup of hot green tea to lessen her guilt. Yes... myself and her always on guilty food trips together. Complaining after every meal that we shouldn't have this and that. Okay. Whatever. This karaage is good. Crispy which you can hear the sound with every bite. You ladies may want to opt for this as side.


As for me, I chose their dessert of the day and it happens to be cheesecake. I'm kind of like getting a real liking with cheesecake. I hope to go for a all cheesecake exploration soon. Eat all the cheesecake!


Here is the 10 pcs of gyoza to end this post. Well... I have a thing for gyoza so whenever I go for Japanese food, a must have, unless they don't have it in their menu. This plate of gyoza is neither charred or crispy. It can be better. Looks nicely cooked on the skin and is juicy too.

They are at: Orchid Hotel, 1 Tras Link, #01-14
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar
You can check out their Facebook Page.